Xanth/Piers Anthony FAQ List
Click on the highlighted number of the question you want answered.
1. Just who is Piers Anthony anyway?
2.What are the names of all the Xanth titles?
3.What is this thing called "HI PIERS"?
4.Can I write to Piers Anthony?
5.Can I send him an e-mail?
6.Are there any Xanth-related games available anywhere,
including the internet?
7. Isn't the "Xanth" series written for
8.What else has Piers Anthony written?
9.End notes and links
1) Q: Just who is Piers Anthony anyway?
- A: Piers Anthony, the chosen pen name for Piers Anthony Dillingham
Jacob, is a fantastic writer with over 100 published books to his credit.
He is an award-winning author with many devoted fans, since his first novel,
"Chthon" was published in 1967. Most of his work is in the field
of fantasy and science fiction. He has many fantastic series of books
- "Xanth" (20 novels so far, 24 planned),
- "Incarnations of Immortality" (7 novels),
- "Apprentice Adept" (7 novels),
- "Bio of a Space Tyrant" (5 novels),
- "Mode" (3 novels),
- "Tarot" (3 novels),
- "Cluster" (5 novels),
- "Geodyssey" (2 novels so far, more planned), and
- "Kelvin of Rud" (5 novels) - a collaboration effort
with Robert E. Margroff, to name a few. He also has many other
novels as well as many other collaborations.
He lives in Inverness, Citrus County, Florida and makes very few
2) Q: What are the names of all the Xanth
- A: In the order they were written and in the order they are best
read, they are:
- "A Spell for Chameleon" (1977)
- "The Source of Magic" (1979)
- "Castle Roogna" (1979)
- "Centaur Aisle" (1981)
- "Ogre, Ogre" (1982)
- "Night Mare" (1982)
- "Dragon on a Pedestal" (1983)
- "Crewel Lye: A Caustic Yarn" (1984)
- "Golem in the Gears" (1986)
- "Vale of the Vole" (1987)
- "Heaven Cent" (1988)
- "Man from Mundania" (1989)
- "Isle of View" (1990)
- "Question Quest" (1991)
- "The Color of Her Panties" (1992)
- "Demons Don't Dream" (1993)
- "Harpy Thyme" (1994)
- "Geis of the Gargoyle" (1995)
- "Roc and a Hard Place" (1995)
- "Yon Ill Wind" (1996)
- "Faun & Games" (planned title)
- "Zombie Lover" (planned title)
- "Xone of Contention" (planned title)
- "The Dastard" (planned title)
3) Q: What is this thing called "HI
PIERS" and what happened to it?
A: HI PIERS was a service for Piers Anthony's fans. Owned
by Piers' wife, who would visit the office every once in a while,
Hi Piers carried all of Piers' books in print, as well as T-shirts,
games, and novelty items related to Piers' books, for sale by mail
order. In the past, Hi Piers could be reached by calling
1 800 HI PIERS, by faxing to 1-813-960-8383, or by writing
13540 North Florida Avenue
Tampa, FL 33613
However, very recently, the Hi Piers office, closed down,
due to lack of funds. :( There is now, a Hi Piers Homepage!
You can visit the Hi Piers site at
<http://www.hipiers.com>. The manager for HI PIERS is our
own dear friend and XanThread member, Peacy (her Xanth name/persona
is "Surprise"). You can write to her directly with questions
about what is available as well. Her e-mail address is <email@example.com>
Unfortunately, Piers himself does not have a modem, and you cannot
reach him online. You can however write to him, via the HI PIERS homepage,
4) Q: Can I write to Piers Anthony?
A: Great question. In the past, you could write to Piers
in care of HI PIERS. Unfortunately, now the HI PIERS office is closed,
so the only way I can tell you to write to him, is via email, at
I will keep you updated, if I find a snail mail address where mail
can be sent.
5) Q: Can I send him an e-mail?
A: Unfortunately, not directly. Piers doesn't have an e-mail
address. He doesn't even own a modem! However, if you send email to
Peacy at the same address I have given you <firstname.lastname@example.org>
, that mail will get forwarded to Piers.
6) Q: Are there any Xanth-related games available
anywhere, including the internet?
A: Yes. "Companions of Xanth" is a PC game which is
available in either floppy disk format or CD-ROM. There is also a Xanth
board game from Mayfair games. Both are obtainable from HI PIERS.
7) Q: Isn't the "Xanth" series written
A: Not at all. It is actually written to appeal to both children
and adults. It is true, some of the series can be silly and fun, involving
a multitude of puns. But on the other hand, quite a bit of it is written
with a great deal of intelligence, involving convoluted plots and deep
8) Q. What else has Piers Anthony
A. Piers Anthony has written a great many books, over 100! Most
of his books are under the Science Fiction or Fantasy genres, but he has
also written books about many other topics. If you want a complete list
of Piers Anthony's writings, you can check out Andrew
Wooldridge's Unofficial Xanth Home Page, and you will find that he
has a very comprehensive list of Piers Anthony's writings.
That is all. If there is anything you are confused about, or
if you have any questions/comments, please feel free to drop me an
E-mail, and let me know. cHaMeLeOn...
9) End notes and links
XANTHREAD list keeper Last edited: 09-13-97
Any problems with this page, please send mail to
cHaMeLeOn, XanThread ListKeeper.
Any problems with any of the other xanth thread web pages E-mail
The Lady Blue (What a gal!)
to The Xanth Thread Home Page